Hello, I’m Monique. I’m an Encouragement Leader, Founder of the worldwide phenomenon #RiseRegardless, entrepreneur, published writer, photographer and speaker.
I have over 230,000 followers on social media. I’ve helped thousands of people with their lives. Every single day someone contacts me, saying I’ve helped them. It is my very sincere hope that I can help you too. My words reach 2. million people every month. I taught my course at the world leader in retreat/alternative holidays in Greece.
The retreat has been voted ‘one of the world’s best holidays’ by the UK Sunday Times. The Guardian (UK) described it as ‘the first and still the best’ alternative/retreat holiday. The Telegraph (UK) included Skyros Holidays in their ‘Best Spas & Wellness Retreats List’ for Europe.
I didn’t expect to end up here, writing to you, with a website – being seen as an Encouragement Leader.
I began tweeting when I was very ill, bed bound and isolated. It was about my life and Rise Regardless approach – how to have quality of life no matter what.
What I was saying. It resonated with people. Things went crazy. By the end of the year I had 60,000 followers, and by the 2nd year I had over 200,00 followers on social media. At 20,000 followers I got my first interview and it hasn’t stopped since.
My Rise Regardless philosophy & how it came about.
During my 16 years of severe illness, I lived with very little energy. For years at a time, I lived like a monk in a monastery. Very simply with very little money. I didn’t leave the flat much at all. I couldn’t.
I’ve read a lot of books – ranging from new age, christian mystics, personal development, biographies, spiritual, and self help.
I found some books troublesome. There were concepts that worked only if you had health, education and money behind you. Beliefs that went too far and distorted truths were common. Some held up promises of something, anything, all in the name of improvement.
I have a little test. When I’m free flowing with thoughts, pondering the A to Z of all that is mystical and practical, if something is seen as a universal truth, it has to work everywhere – in the poorest of Africa to a rich European country. If it doesn’t then it’s not for me. So, this is where I’m coming from. This is my earnest approach.
However, Rise Regardless is more than that …
It’s unconventional because of my background. I’ve lived so many ways ~ hanging with the A-list film crowd, kitchen hand, teacher, setting up $800,000 film funds, growing up on the land. I’ve lived in hardship, so many years being housebound. I daren’t count how many years as I don’t want to know. I’ve lost it all time again through numerous tragedies and had heart rending dark nights of the soul. And soared too. Miracles. I’ve seen the world from different points of view. It brings a unique perspective.
I’m not saying I have all the answers. But I’ll share with you what I know. I’ll show you how to Rise Regardless.
My promise to you is I’ll keep it real. Aussie farm girl real. Soul’s truth with farm boots covered in dust belong together.
So what’s next? I’m wildly excited. My mission is to create the life I love. So, stay tuned in. Check into my blog and see what I’m up to.
My hope for you
I want to inspire great change in you and encourage you to live the life you’ve always wanted. Whatever that may be. I want to shake you up. Make you think. See things differently. Take action.
Every day I’m contacted, ‘I really needed to hear that right now!’ ‘I read your messages every day while getting over heart surgery. It helped me get better’. ‘It solved my problem – I understand now. Thank you!’
When you make the invisible threads of your life visible, you grow. Reading my material will help you do that.
You Rise Regardless.
Delve into my blog posts. If something resonates re-read it. There are hidden layers. Embed the learning in your soul. Feel it reorder your knowing and future actions. It’s a waste of time to read it once and then forget about it.
What I’ll be writing about on this website
I will show you how to create a life of quality no matter your circumstances. Life can be tough. I get it. I’ve been there. So don’t worry. I’ll show you how to Rise Regardless. It’ll include all my tools, resources, wisdom and knowledge. It’ll cover everything from neuroplasticity tactics, wellness hacks, how to succeed at life, core character traits that fast track growth and resilience, and much more.
I want you to design a Rise Regardless life that is in tune with YOU.
I’ll also be sharing my stories, stuff ups and triumphs. Join me on my journey as I create the life I love, and be inspired to create your best life too.
I love stories.
Stories are about life. The hero’s journey. The triumph of spirit over tragedy, the absurdity of life. You remember what you are capable of when you read stories. You want to live better, larger. Your spirit always wants you to expand and grow. I want you to be inspired.
A small taste of Monique
On a high school excursion to Sydney, I went to the Opera House. A party was in full swing on its forecourt.
The women looked so beautiful in their dresses. I’d never seen such wealth and elegance. It’s not how farm life rolls. I stood there in my country school uniform and pigtails, and made a pact with a friend. By age 30, we’d be hiring the Sydney Opera House for our party. We’d be glamorous and rich too.
That didn’t happen.
This is what happened instead …
- As a young teenager I read the ‘7 Habits of Highly Effective People’ by Stephen Covey. Each month I introduced a habit into my life. It worked. I picked up 3 scholarships, which included money to study overseas for a year. And no, I didn’t get the highest marks.
- While at Leeds University I hitchhiked to London a LOT, and to Paris once for a competition.
- Fell in love with Philippe from the Ivory Coast of Africa, who sold sunglasses in Paris – but only for the day.
- At 22, told I had severe multiple sclerosis and I’d be in a wheelchair within 2 years. Quit my corporate job, became a dance instructor, and did some crazy stuff. I thought I had 2 years to go hard.
- 6 months later I got the correct diagnosis and had emergency brain surgery. I looked death in the eye and said no way. My sense of reality free-falled all the way to the core of what makes me real. Decided to live life on my terms no matter what.
- For the heck of it did a day on a film set and the electricity I felt running through my body told me I was onto a good thing. Found my new career path, just like that.
- Discovered I had PTSD from brain surgery. Got help, which didn’t work. Cured myself with a method I made up.
- Worked as an actor when very ill (you only get a job once every 2 months – so it was perfect for me). I sold blinds on TV, cookies in Women’s Magazines and got typecast in feature films as a brothel owner/prostitute due to my ill pallor and big smile.
- Published 40,000 words as a freelance film journalist.
- Been a fake patient in most Sydney hospitals (yes, like Kramer in Seinfield) and interviewed Sam Worthington about Avatar, David Michod about Animal Kingdom.
- Been told I’m a waste of space, victim, wise woman, inspirational leader and mystic. Mix that in with actor, film journalist, photographer and teacher. The labels keep changing: I don’t. Not at my core.
- Grew up on a large sheep property with 4,000 sheep and many dogs. Freedom, dust, droughts and lifestyle. Wouldn’t change my upbringing one little bit.
- I love the wide brown open space of the Australian bush. That and the ocean. It’s endless blue. Both are timeless, mysterious and majestic. From the particles of earth I come, and back there I will go. But not yet. The ocean and the bush help me remember who I am and who I will become.
Image Credits – Enzo Amato Photography.