I have over 220,000 followers on social & reach approximately 14 million people a year according to my social media analytics.
I’m Monique Hohnberg and a renaissance women. I adhere to the renaissance principle where people pursue multiple paths and are working with many parts of themselves. I don’t believe in the modern concept of specialising in one field. For me, this is how I live my best life. It honours that we are all multi-faceted souls.
I am a visual storyteller, memoirist, feature writer, photographer, teacher and encouragement leader.
There are various ways into my website. You can read my memoir, blog articles on self help, look at my photography or download my free resources.
I am a visual storyteller. I’ve worked as a film, wellbeing and photography feature journalist with over 50,000 words published in Australia and overseas. On this website I write about my life and the articles often include my photography. The stories will inspire and move you. Please browse. One may just change your life.
I have 230,000 followers on social media and my words reach 1.4 million people every month. That’s 14 million people a year. Every single day someone contacts me, saying how much I’ve helped them. I’ve reached thousands and thousands. It is my very sincere hope I can help you too.
My signature course, “Ignite your Life and Rise Regardless” has been taught at the world leader in retreats, Skyros Holidays, Greece and UK.
The UK Telegraph continuously includes Skyros Holidays in their ‘Best Spas & Wellness Retreats List’ for Europe. The UK Guardian described it as ‘the first and still the best’ retreat and alternative holiday. It has been voted ‘one of the world’s best holidays’ by the UK Sunday Times.
Find out more about my course.
My personal belief
I’ve lived my life in very unusual ways due to ill health and many tragedies. I’ve seen the world from many different points of view. As a result, I have a unique perspective, and combine my knowledge and hard-won wisdom with Aussie farm girl roots.
I’ve read a lot of books and tried many different paths. I know what works. I don’t prescribe to models that offer fairytale endings, but I do believe there is wisdom out that will change your belief system and how you operate in this world. It can bring great success. I believe in living your best life and know how to help you do that.
I have a little test. If something is seen as a universal truth, it has to work everywhere – in the poorest of Africa to a rich European country. If it doesn’t then it’s not for me. So, this is where I’m coming from.
A small taste of Monique
On a high school excursion to Sydney, I went to the Opera House. A party was in full swing on its forecourt. I’d never seen such wealth and elegance. I stood there in my country school uniform and pigtails, and made a pact with a friend. By age 30, we’d be hiring the Sydney Opera House for our party. We’d be glamorous and rich too.
That didn’t happen.
This is what happened instead …
- As a young teenager I read the ‘7 Habits of Highly Effective People’ by Stephen Covey. Each month I introduced a habit into my life. It worked. I picked up 3 scholarships, which included money to study overseas for a year. And no, I didn’t get the highest marks.
- While at Leeds University I hitchhiked to London a lot, and to Paris once for a competition.
- Fell in love with Philippe from the Ivory Coast of Africa, who sold sunglasses in Paris – but only for the day.
- At 22, told I had severe multiple sclerosis and I’d be in a wheelchair within 2 years. So, I quit my corporate job and became a dance instructor, and did some crazy stuff.
- Six months later I got the correct diagnosis and had emergency brain surgery. I looked death in the eye and said no way. My sense of reality free-falled all the way to the core of what makes me real. Decided to live life on my terms no matter what.
- For the heck of it did a day on a film set and the electricity I felt running through my body told me I was onto a good thing. Found my new career path, just like that.
- Discovered I had PTSD from brain surgery. Got help, which didn’t work. Cured myself with a method I made up.
- Worked as an actor where I sold blinds on TV, cookies in Women’s Magazines and got typecast in feature films as a brothel owner/prostitute due to my ill pallor and big smile.
- Published 40,000 words as a journalist.
- Been a fake patient in most Sydney hospitals (yes, like Kramer in Seinfield) and interviewed Sam Worthington about Avatar, David Michod about Animal Kingdom.
- Been told I’m a waste of space, victim, wise woman, and inspirational leader. Mix that in with actor, journalist, photographer and teacher. The labels keep changing: I don’t. Not at my core.
- Grew up on a large sheep property with 4,000 sheep and many dogs. Freedom, dust, droughts and lifestyle. Wouldn’t change my upbringing one little bit.
- I love the wide spaces of the Australian bush. That and the ocean. It’s endless blue. Both are timeless and mysterious. From the particles of earth I come, and back there I will go. But not yet. The ocean and the bush help me remember who I am.
For more information go to my media kit.
Find me on social