There is a knack for doing change. Some do it well. Others, not so much. We all have something we’d like to change. Something that would take life to the next level. These 13 messages will help you kickstart change. Or maybe, you are doing change, but it’s not as much as you would like. Check this list to see if there is one or more attitudes holding you back. It’s time for some powerful change. 🙂
Fear of change is not reliable. It sneaks around the corners of your mind and gets in. It’s trash that needs to be taken out. But all too often you believe the fear. It’s part of your reality and you can’t see that it’s the main thing holding you back. So, fear is tricky. And then when you sort it out. Hurrah! Time to celebrate. Then the next big challenge comes along. Each big change brings it’s own peculiar version of fear. And this is why I say it’s unreliable. You think you have it figured out, but this next fear will be different. And so, again, you believe this fear is real. Some times it is. The vast majority of times it is not.
Get Curious About Change
When you have fear you need to go towards it. You get curious. Curious about your fear. Why does it scare you so much? How real is the fear? How likely is it to come true? What is the worst that could happen? What is the best? What is really stopping you from making powerful change? When we get curious and playful with our fear, it loses its edge over us. We turn it from a big reality that takes over the brain, into a malleable concept (just one part of the bigger picture). It’s a concept to examine, and prod some sticks at. Have some fun with it.
Other times with fear I decide not to intellectualise it at all. I run towards the cliff and throw myself off it. Every time I’ve done this I flew. I did not fall. I chose self-trust. I chose love and compassion. Because I knew I wanted change more than anything. I still had doubts and conflicting thoughts going through my head. It can be hard to tune into your intuition when your thoughts are all over the place. And that’s okay. I knew I wanted change above all else. So that’s what I did.
How much do you want your change?
When you operate from a place of fear you can not see what is possible. What I mean by this is your decision making is based on fear. To see what is possible you must come from a place of love. For some inspiration you can read How to Rise Regardless No Matter What
When I JUMP I always find my fear was an illusion. A wall of darkness that stopped me seeing the truth. And the truth is you are already better than you know. When you try really hard at something, give it your all, you will do much better than you ever expect. This I know for sure. And once you’ve done it once (the first is always the hardest) you become addicted to positive change. You’ll love that feeling. It makes you feel alive. You’ll love the new life you have created.
13 Messages to Help You Kickstart Change
- Your YES must be fierce. Only then will your paradigm, priorities and habits change to support your new direction. Make your YES loud and powerful.
2. You’ll only learn what you’re capable of by trying the unknown. There’s never a right time for change.
3. Obligation usually holds us back. Some commitments are important, but don’t deceive yourself with false obligations of “I should …”. Possibility opens us up and draws us forward. Obligation limits us.
4. There is a phase where we contemplate change. Back and forth. Will you or won’t you. Many get stuck here. Decide. The trick is to get over the hump, and do it.
5. We all shy away from risk and change. But keeping ourselves too safe is a sure way to unhappiness. We’ve all met those people. Too scared to change and hating their life. A good amount of change keeps us feeling alive and happy.
6. Crazy dreams that won’t go away have a habit of coming true. Your soul knows this.That’s why it keeps nagging at you.
7. Fear is your greatest enemy. Acknowledge it and keep the fear in a safe malleable box in your mind. If it overwhelms you, you will not make the change. Be curious about your fear.
8. Massive action done immediately after deciding to change works best. Procrastination kills desire and sow seeds of doubt. Only you can take action, no-one else.
9. After a little while you will learn to love your fear. You will become friends with it and make it work for you. It guides you to your truest path, signals what work must be done.
10. Often we don’t know exactly what it is we seek. This is understandable as what you seek is far beyond your understanding of what you know now. Follow that yearning. I promise you it will be true.
11. You have to change your belief at the core of your soul to, “I am worthy and I can do it” if you are to get anywhere in this life.
12. The suffering you’re feeling by not changing is far worse than the adventure ahead of you if you do change.
13. Think about someone who has done it already. A friend or a mentor. If they can create powerful change then so can you.
And make sure you speak your dream out loud to the right people. Make it real.
P.S. You may like my popular post on How I Changed My Friendships With This Radical Move.
P.S.S. Make sure you read Change Your Story To Change Your Life. Your internal narrative will affect your outcome and performance. It’s backed up by research.